Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Gal Pals

It goes without saying that women are important. I think we all came into group last night with that in mind - easy enough to comprehend, right?

But everyone has those preconceptions, right? Everyone is going to come across those people who like to say stuff like, "The Church is so inherently anti-woman."

And what do we say to that? I know whenever I've been asked this, I kind of stop in my tracks. Because...you know...I'm a woman. And you know...I love the Church. I'm kind of all about it.

I mentioned at the meeting that I don't know I've ever met a Catholic woman who was involved in the church that I didn't see as being insanely busy. Whether she was a mom, a single woman, or a religious sister, they always seem to be running about doing an insane amount of things. And I have yet to meet one who has told me it's made her unhappy. They're running the joint.

And it's one of those things that you wouldn't know unless you've gotten to know a Catholic woman. And I know a lot of the people who say that The Church is anti-woman don't know a lot of Catholic women.

Catholic women are the best. The. Best. They are so important and loved and busy and hard-working and fantastic. Plus...the Virgin Mary.

I mean...it's a bit hard to argue with that. Honestly the most revered person in the system, really, aside from the Almighty himself (whole Trinity included). And for good reason. How could anyone who really knows the Church - the family - think women are unimportant?

When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple there whom he loved, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold your son."
Then he said to the disciple, "Behold your mother."
~John 19:26-27